Being a woman traveling on your own can be intimidating at times. There’s an unspoken pressure to hide, not draw attention, and keep as low a profile as possible. Yet, it is an undeniable fact that female travelers are under-represented in the travel industry. Well, not anymore.
You won’t be alone. Even in countries with strict family regulations, there are still solo female travelers who enjoy traveling on their own. And some countries are safer than others for a solo female traveler to travel alone. This article offers a list of ten places where solo female travelers can feel safe and enjoy their travels.
Great Places for Every Female Solo Traveler
Whether you’re traveling alone or with a companion, there are some destinations that are truly great for female solo travelers. Check out the following ten great places for female solo travelers:
- Singapore – Solo female travelers: it’s time to make your mark! Singapore is one of the world’s most amazing, exciting, and vibrant cities, and it’s a great place to get off the beaten track. Not only are you likely to find the country’s most stunning beaches, but you’ll also discover incredible food and culture, as well as a vibrant arts scene.
- West Cork, Ireland – West Cork is a small, picturesque county in the southwest of Ireland, located in the Emerald Isle’s southwest corner. The county is home to wide open green farmlands, rugged cliffs, pier-lined bays, picturesque villages, and some of the tallest coastal cliffs on the island.
- Dominica, Caribbean – the island exudes the perfect combination for the solo female traveler. It has a lot to offer in the way of great activities, beautiful unspoiled beaches, perfect weather, wonderful food, friendly people, and the best local music.
- Bavaria, Germany – is a region that is home to many beautiful cities and castles. The region has a very rich history and is also where many famous people are from. The region is also known for having a very high quality of life for the people who live there.
- Perth, Australia – the beautiful city boasts diverse nationalities, rich in culture and outdoor adventures, and only a short flight away from major cities in Asia, Australia, and New Zealand. Perth is a great city for female solo travelers, with a wide range of accommodation and activities that cater to all budgets. Whether you are a budget backpacker or on a luxury holiday, Perth will satisfy your expectations.
- Ibiza, Spain – If you’ve ever dreamed of hitting the town alone, Ibiza is the place to do it. With thousands of hotels in the area, hostels, and vacation rentals, you’ll find plenty of places to stay. As for the people, Ibiza is a beautiful, easygoing place to meet new people and explore its vibrant nightlife.
- Palm Springs, California – it may surprise you to learn that most solo female travelers would rather stay in Palm Springs, California. This desert town offers a wide variety of activities, including great nightlife, fine dining, and even golf, enough to hold your attention.
- Osaka, Japan – The city of Osaka is definitely one of the best places for female travelers. With so many things to see, it’s almost impossible to get bored of the place. From the bustling city to the beautiful landscape, the city is full of landmarks that you will want to visit, and there is always something to do.
- Luang Prabang, Laos – Best known for its stunning temples and laid-back vibe, Luang Prabang is the most underrated of Laos’s three major cities. The city’s small size and relaxed atmosphere make it an especially good choice for solo female travelers who want to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the big cities.
- Porto, Portugal – is one of those places, as are others on this list. It’s a beautiful city that offers a rich cultural experience, friendly and engaged locals, and vibrant nightlife.
These are the top ten great places for female solo travelers. Even though solo travel is possible for both men and women, we’ve always found it to be more fun and less stressful if you’re traveling alone. Solo travel is an excellent way to get to know a city or country and enjoy a personal, authentic experience that often highlights the positive aspects of a culture.